This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Movies and the beetroot experience

With not many things to do during the weekends, I did what I do best- Watching movies. The last two weekends, I watched the following movies- Taken, Australia, Bolt,Valkyrie, The Reader. Some non-english movies- Revanche(Austrian),Il y a longtemps que je t'aime (German).
Watched Lord of the Rings -The Fellowship of the Ring again.
****************************************************************
Sometimes things can turn out unexpectly. Last night, I reckon that the only vegetable which we had was beetroot. Being very lazy to go out and buy something in the cold weather, I decided to stick with the beetroot. I thought of trying something new with it. Googled and found out - Beetroot sambhar. We still have some sambhar masala left. I have never cooked Beetroot before.
The recipe:-
After boiling the dal and beetroot separately, I heated oil in a frying pan and added mustard seed, sambhar masala, curry leaf powder. Then I peeled the beetroot and cut it into cubes and fried it with the dal in the pan for some time. Then I poured water and cooked with open lid until the beetroot was soft enough.
When it was ready, it looked like all beetroot :) I was wondering how it would taste. But luckily it turn out to be good. Thus, it was a nice experience with beetroot.
****************************************************************************
PS:-
I was thinking what to buy from here . Everything seems costly. I was hoping atleast the Nokia phones would be cheap but it was not.

I have changed the look of the blog. Sometimes change is necessary!
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment