This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Manipur - burning yet again

Manipur is burning yet again and this year the flame has reached a little early unexpectedly. This time around its the killing of Kasom Khullen SDO Dr Th Kishan, Driver Rajen Sharma and Revenue Mondal Token. Curfew has been imposed in the Imphal city for the past 2 days. Being a manipuri, I always keep a track of the happenings through the internet or from my family. Having been grown up in the place, I still feel I am a part of everything that is happening there. Human life has lost its value. The everyday headlines are filled with the news of killings and ugly incidents. I don't know the people who were murdered but from the various sources that I heard and read, I came to learn that SDO Dr. Th. Kishan was gem of a person. He had a vast knowledge and understanding of the things related to the development of Manipur. The letters from various people who knew him personally made me realised the fact that he was no ordinary soul. He had the quality to visualise and to lead. Its a loss to the society. Such people are needed for our Manipur. Such people can bring Manipur to the right direction. But I fear things are not going to change. When will we realise that what it takes to make the person like Kishan was. When will we start giving value to human life? But then again, we must not go to an extent that the things that follow should not be against the growth of the state. Already we have lost many precious lives. I do not know if there is any solution to the problem. But strikes and curfew is not the solution. It will affect every facet of the soceity - productivity, economy and the worst Education. We have been through it and we all knew what loss it is for a student in the midst of untimely Bandhs, stikes and curfew. Let us try to build the society- a soceity that Kishan would have dream of. Let us try and produce numerous "Kishans". Can we?

PS:-
Sometimes things can be in a very relative terms. When you are used to the temperature of minus 10-15, a minus 2 degree Celsius is a warm weather.
comments

1 comment: