This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

To kill a Mockingbird -A tribute




I have read the book twice and seen the movie multiple times. I just liked it. Although I felt the book is better(maybe because I read it first then saw the movie) but the depiction of the same in the movie is not bad either. Throughout the book, I made some pictures or rather my imaginations about the characters mainly Scout(Mary Bardhem), Jem(Philip Alford) and Atticus Finch(Gregory Peck). The way it has been written and so touching at times about the daughter-father relationship. Harper Lee explore this through the eyes of Scout, the little girl of six. The kind of relationship that Scout has with his brother Jem is also nicely depicted.
Although the book was published in 1960 and it deals with very sensitive issues of rape and racial inequality, the context still hold true even in the present world.



"shoot all the blue jays I wanted - if I could hit 'em; but to remember it was a sin to kill a mockingbird. Well, I reckon because mockingbirds don't do anything but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat people's gardens, don't nest in the corncrib, they don't do one thing but just sing their hearts out for us. "
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment