This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A rendezvous with Euphoria

Euphoria came to Chennai for a public performance after 3 yrs and I was there.It all started when I happen to get 4 free passes (thanks to my company) the day before. Honestly saying, I m not a great fan of Euphoria. Since, I was not occupied with any other work, I decided to go for the show.I was accompanied by few of my office colleagues. The show was scheduled to start at 7 pm but we reached there much earlier since we were not familiar with the venue.
The show started at around 7:45 pm . Palash Sen aka Polly is a man with immense ability to charm the audience. He made the audience to sing with him.He sang the numbers ranging from his new album "Mehfuz" to his first album "Dhoom". Almost all the time he kept the audience on their feet...He also sang few English numbers and few Hindi songs (Dil se, Salaame ishk meri jaan etc). All through the show, Polly was never down... hats off to his endless energy.
When he sang the song "Dhoom pichak Dhoom", I went back to my schooldays when I was in 8th standard. I could see myself singing with few frens beating the desks and singing aloud "Dhoom pichak dhoom". Then he sang "tum" ...he mesmerised the audience with the song. Well, all in all it was a nice experience.
My voice is not clear due to those screamings yesterday..I hope it would take few days to become normal to be able to sing "Maeri..........."
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment