This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Friday, May 9, 2008

A tribute to those primary teachers...


Its very hard to teach someone learn Alphabets. Yes A,B,C,D,E......................X,Y,Z. Teaching something is not as easy as it seems to be. I was struggling to teach an illiterate guy learn the basic building blocks of English language. I found that its a very hard job to teach someone understand the english alphabets.
How my teachers would have taught me to read, to write?? They would have answered to my stupid endless questions..Their patience would have been tested. Hats off to their quality of being able to remain patient when a child fails to recognize the alphabet "A" after being taught numerous times. I still remember a Nursery rhyme..
"Hush-a-bye, baby,
in the tree top.
When the wind blows,
the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks,
the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby,
cradle and all. "
I remember I struggled like anything to learn by-heart this particular Rhyme. So my teacher didn't allow me to go home until I learned the rhyme.Even today, I haven't forgotten the Rhyme. Thanks a lot for those efforts and guidance. Primary teachers do have a major role in making our careers...
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment