This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Of Roald Dahl and the short stories




I had this wrong notion that Roald Dahl wrote only for the children until I picked " The Collected Short stories" from the Landmark few weeks ago. He is too good to be predictable. Thats the pecularity of his stories. Moreover, the stories are based on simple themes and human facets. Each story is written with finnesse that makes the reader think hours after reading it. Pinch of dark humour with the sharp endings makes Roald Dahl's stories addictive.

PS:-
I was wondering what made Shashi Tharoor to poke his nose in theIPL mud. A person with his qualifications and caliber could have proved much worthy if he would have concentrated on many issues that the nation is facing rather than supporting for an IPL team for Kerela. Anyway, I believe its a lesson for all the politicians to make their priorities right.
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment