This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the Oscar

"Avatar" and "Inglourious Basterds" were the only two movies that I had seen among the winners of this year's Oscar [link]. Avatar bagged 3 awards for the art direction, cinematography and visual effects. I would say the justice has been done. Until I watched the "Hurt Locker", I cannot comment on the 6 awards that it won. But the most deserving of the awards was that of Christoph Waltz for his "Jew Hunter" in "Inglourious Basterds". Only Quentine Tarantino can create such an unforgettable image out of a "milk drinking " character. Kathryn Bigelow's win for the best direction marks the entry and acceptance of women in yet another men dominated field. I am also looking forward to "Up" and the "Crazy heart".

PS:
Few crashes and bugs in the software can make the life of a Software Engineer miserable. Its a pity that happiness is dependent on bugs.
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment