This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Of this and that

Would like to list few movies that I saw recently :-

1. Inglourious Basterds : The misspelling in the title is the Quentin Tarantino's way of saying things in his own way. Based on the World War II, its again another movie depicting plots to assassinate Hitler. And this time surprisingly the plan is executed with success. Brad Pitt is the only thing that I could remember after watching the movie.Still watchable.

2. Grave of the Fireflies: A really touching Japanese movie based on the story of two siblings - Setsuko and Seita during the World War II. The movie depicts the pain and ordeals faced by the people during that period. But the most touching being the relationship between the two siblings. One of the best anti-war movie ever made I would say.

3. Children of Heaven: Another touching movie on the two children- brother Ali and sister Zahra. Its an Iranian movie which depicts the tender relationship between the siblings when Ali accidentally lost Zahra's sneakers. Then follows the hardship and adventures to cope up the loss which includes sharing Ali's shoe together. Hiding from their parents about the loss and finally Ali participating in a race so that he can win a pair of shoes for Zahra. One of the best CHildren movie ever seen.

PS:
Down with flu(hope its the common flu), so took off from office for the first time in this calender year. I don't want any of my colleague grinning with suspicion whenever I sneeze. The thing is that too much information is sometimes dangerous. I googled "swine flu symptoms" and clicked the first page hit. It listed the all those symptoms that I am suffering from. So I just closed the page and start listening to my favourite play list.
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment