This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

We were boys then.....

Yesterday, one of my old school friend called me and asked "Bhai! can you tell me the tune of opening line of the song Deewana leke aaya hai.. dil ka tarana". I sang the song for him over the phone. He said he was trying to get the sur for quite long time and finally decided to ring me up. He said thanks and kept the phone. This thing killed me.

Years back when we were in school, we decided we would become music composers. We would write songs, compose and sing by our own. I remember we even wrote few songs and made the tunes. We even decided to name the Company - taking the starting and ending letters of our names. Those were dreams that remain untouched and unchased. There were no boundaries or height to our ambitions. Our minds and thoughts were uncorrupted. We thought, we could run miles without being tired. We were boys then.

One day we would be doing the things we have dreamt of. We would gather again and sing over Kishore Kumar's song(We religiously followed). We would re-discover the Kishore Kumar in ourselves. And we would be boys again :)

From "Raat kali ek khwaab mein aayi" to "Ek ajnabi haseena se..", we would traverse to "Hum bewafa Hargiz na the.." then "Kora kagaz.." then "Ye dil na hota bechaara........."

comments

No comments:

Post a Comment