This blog is purely written in my own words without any obligation or compulsion. It is only a medium to express my thoughts.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

When you started discriminating

Well, I always dream that one day Manipur would be a better place to live in. I would be proud to say that I am born in a place where there is equality irrespective of any caste, creed or cultural difference. A place where people are welcome with warmth and affection. But then when I heard the recent news of killing innocents, I felt like asking questions to myself if it is the beginning of the end to my dreams.When we say a civilised society, we are keen to know how the outsiders are being treated there. It reflects the ability to accept the diversity. It reflects your generosity.I have always felt that the Manipuri people are different, one or the other Manipuri has something which is unique. We are a bunch of talented people. If we see our culture and heritage, you ll find that we are unique and we have the ability to to do things differently. If we give a little thought and try to figure out where we stand in this growing world, we would realise that we are in a deep pit from where we can only hope for a downfall.
Sometimes I felt like we have a long way to go before we start bothering about the problems of human race, about this world. We are still at a very low level. We have many problems to address within ourselves before we actually start bothering on a global stage. How can a person living in the present situation of Manipur ever think of the Global warming. How can a person think for the safety of the human race when his own house is not safe. How can he appreciate the beauty of nature when the valley turns into a killing field. The very thought of our future frightens me. When the whole country is blooming in the IT revolution, where is our stand. When the country is boasting to become the next Super-power, where do our Manipur stands. Doesn't our brothers and sisters deserve to be among the mass. Don't they have the right to compete with the mainland?Dont they deserve to celebrate our growing economy? These questions provides the solution itself.
Its the right time for a revolution. I can feel the fear. We are all afraid of the change. I dont know the future. I m also not saying that the revolution would not cost anything. I m just suggesting that its the right time to reflect, its the way to begin. How long should we tolerate? There is no bigger sin than to tolerate injustice. .and there is nothing better than to fight for peace.
comments

No comments:

Post a Comment